This article is now deprecated, and a new version of this article has been created that shows you how to use the latest Facebook tracking pixel.
When driving traffic to your squeeze page using Facebook advertising you’ll likely want to add a conversion tracking pixel to monitor your ad’s effectiveness.
The Toolkit makes it quick and simple to add this ‘third party’ tracking in the page settings of your squeeze page.
- First, get your tracking code from facebook by following their pixel tracking guide: https://www.facebook.com/help/435189689870514/
- In the Toolkit, edit the Toolkit page to which you will add your tracking pixel.
- Visit ‘Page Settings‘ using the button in the top left, next to the page name.
- Select the ‘Tracking‘ Tab and then ‘Tracking Code in the Header‘ (this is important as facebook tracking code only works in the page header).
- Place your tracking code in the box labelled ‘Thank You Page only‘ (for a separate thank you toolkit page add it to the box labelled ‘Landing Page Only‘ on the chosen thank you page.)
- Finally press Save Changes in the top right corner of the editor to make the changes stick.
Advanced Note: If you’re not using the simple thank you page and you’ve created a new page just for your thank you stage, then you’ll need to add your code to the ‘for Landing Page only’ section NOT to the ‘Thank You Page only’ section of the target squeeze page.